Saturday 12 May 2012

T Minus 7 Hours!!!

Just wanted to write a quick post from San Diego before I take off tomorrow. Bob Reiss has been an amazing host here in San Diego picking me up from the airport, helping me with my final errands and giving me and another hiker a ride out to the trailhead tomorrow. Its people like Bob going out of their way to help stangers that make the PCT community so great. He was telling me how before him and some of the other San Diego trail angels were around hikers would be sleeping out in the streets of El Cajon waiting for the bus out to Campo which wouldn't get them to Campo til late at night. I'm very lucky to have his help otherwise I too would have been stuck in San Diego waiting for the Monday morning bus out to Campo.

Anyways the start of my trip is finally here! I said goodbye (temporarily) to everyone in Victoria with fun bow-tie birthday bash last night and flew down the coast looking at all of the terrain I'll be covering over the next 5 months. Cannot described how excited I am. The butterfliesin my stomach are gone. My pack is packed. My first resupply in Warner Springs is ready to go. PCT here I come!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be following another PCT blog starting. I'm following about 60 others and it's almost (not really) like I'm on the trail with everyone. Good luck with your hike! My fastest blog I'm following is on about mile 500 or so now.

    Portland PCT Section Hiker Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy trails, Matt! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete