Monday 2 April 2012

Only 40 Days Til I Start My Hike!!!

Hey everyone! So I've been meaning to start my blog a while ago but just never got around to setting it up. However now that the start date is in sight I have plenty of incentive to get it up and running before I take off.

I've added a few pages to give you a bit of background on me, my plan, my gear, what I'll eat along the way and mail drops if you want to send me something or get in touch with me over the next five months. I'll also be adding a page filled with links for all of the great resources and websites I have use to help me prepare for my hike.

Its hard to believe this trip is just over a month away. I've been thinking about this hike for roughly four years now and spent much of the last summer rounding up the gear I would need to complete the journey. The past few months I have focused on setting up my itinerary and thinking about where and how I would resupply. Now I'm finally in the final planning stages of working out the last few details and starting to get my body and mind ready for this adventure.

I will be checking in quite a bit these next few weeks to tell a little about some of the work that goes into planning a thru hike as I get closer and closer to my start date of May 13th. When I'm actually on the trail I will try to post as often as I have access to the internet so hopefully every week or so when I resupply, but we will see. I look forward to keeping you updated and feel free to subscribe so you can get updates on future posts. Also would love to hear back from family and friends as I get out there on the trail or from any of my fellow Class of 2012 hikers out there (especially the ones with a slightly later start dates like me) so feel free to post comments. Take care everyone and look forward to letting you know about my adventure on the Pacific Crest Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment